MANDARIN LANGUAGE PROGRAM
Chinese (Mandarin) is one of the most important languages in the world, and China has become one of the largest and most active markets of the global economy. Through its Chinese (Mandarin) Language Program, Chaoyin International School provides its students with the opportunity to:
- Explore, understand and appreciate cultures of the Mandarin-speaking world.
- Compete internationally among the 1.6 billion Mandarin speakers all over the world.
- Have greater opportunities for their post-secondary education and a wider choice of careers in the future.
- Broaden their cultural life through access to literature, art, and music in another language.
- Children learn in both English and Mandarin languages daily.
Early Mandarin Language Program (EMLP)
- Children learn in English 65% and Mandarin 35%.
- Applications begin in kindergarten or grade 1.
- MLP is from Kindergarten – Grade 7.
Late Mandarin Language Program (MLP)
- Children learn in English 80% and Mandarin 20%.
- Applications begin in grade 4 or grade 5 (with a Mandarin assessment).
- LMLP is from Grade 4 – Grade 7.